19 audio Reviews with Responses

Whispers of Tranquility Whispers of Tranquility

There's nothing bad to hear. You me from the piano intro.

Neon-Bard responds:

That's great to hear! Thanks! :)

Downloading Rainbows Downloading Rainbows

This is really nice ambiance. The moments of floating with the synth lead and background drums makes a really nice effect. As conorstrejcek already said, varying the drums with some really nice fills would've made a whole world of difference to the effect of the song and the overall greatness. As well, as a personal distaste, I find the pad in the background and some other harmonic parts just seem really muggy and dissonant at times.

Neon-Bard responds:

The message could not be any clearer. I really need to work on my percussion and the mixing of the 'background' instruments. I always tend to go the safe route and lay a rather simple pattern down instead of exploring the possibilities. I'll be sure to broaden my knowledge on this portion of my arrangements, that's for sure!

Thanks for listening! I appreciate the feedback. :)

Origin of Strife Origin of Strife

Wow. Really takes my breath away with the pad right under a moving line.

Neon-Bard responds:

Awesome to hear! Thanks for listening man! :)

Cotb dnb remix Cotb dnb remix

Digging it. Really I am. Just appreciate that nice beat!

eatmeatleet responds:

tnx

The Plains The Plains

I dig it, dude. I especially like the low woodwind sound you used; very interesting sound.

Aeris responds:

SWeissen P - Reach Up SWeissen P - Reach Up

Damn dude. I loved this a lot. A shame it was cut short, I want to hear more. The drop was awesome, and shit the way the percussion came in at about 20 seconds was creative and interesting to hear. A little grating, but damn I couldn't help but bob my head and jam to this dude!

SWeissenP responds:

Thank you! It's finished now if u would like to hear the finished version!

Brain Screw Brain Screw

As you already said, there are a couple mixdown issues. I was sitting here loving aspects of the instrumentation but I was totally not planning on giving this more than 3.5 stars because the drop just wasn't coming and I was getting tense as fuck. Then 1:30 comes around and that kick comes in. That's when I decided this music is easy to jam to.
Sorry to hear about your head too, mate.

CidiousClef responds:

I'm glad you liked it. I was actually messing around with the structure a bit to see what I could do with a really long buildup, wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. I end up with half a song of buildup, decide to make the drop totally worth it.

I guess it worked?

An Augmented Infiltration An Augmented Infiltration

In every sense of the phrase: "Holy fucking shit". This is spectacular! That glitchy synth next with a pristine snare next to it makes the best contrast. Professional work right here!

Neon-Bard responds:

Hahaha! That's a great compliment, thanks! :) I'm glad you think there was a nice contrast between the instruments and effects because that was my intent.

Edge of Time Edge of Time

Really great. The way you move between phrases is really impressive and so smooth!

stunkel responds:

Thanks! :D

As The Phoenix Rises As The Phoenix Rises

Wow. That was splendid man. The title fits it so well, because all I can picture is a symbolic phoenix arising from all the turmoil about it. Really, the arpeggiating bit at 1:30 was so cool and just mystifying. I also really loved that cello behind the synth just kind of supporting the chords. Only negative to me was just simply that the drums clogged my sub-woofer, but that's probably my fault. So all in all, this is a five star work. This is really the centre of good if there ever was one!

Neon-Bard responds:

Thanks for listening Koxyx, it's great to know that you liked it!

As for the drums, that was not your fault at all (or your sub). It means that I need to pay more attention to the mixing of my music! :)